Are you counting down the minutes to turkey, cranberry sauce, and sweet potato casserole? How long has it been since you’ve seen your family sit around the table and catch up? Holidays are a precious time to unwind and reconnect with the special people in your life.
However, with the #GivingTuesday or #SmallBusinessSaturday around the corner, organizations cannot afford to let their accounts go silent. The last thing someone needs is the stress of maintaining social media accounts during the holiday.
Below are social media tools and tips that will help you be social in real life and virtually!
- Don’t be afraid to reuse & reproduce content that is already published. Before going home for the holiday, take a look at social media analytics. They will show which posts performed the best and sparked the most engagement. Take those links and reuse them!
- Consider using an automated system such as Buffer, Hootsuite, Oktopost, or Sprout Social. You can plan several days worth of social media posts! Not sure which one is a good fit for you? Click here!
- While automating and reproducing content, it’s important to stay in the trending discussions. Resources like Inbound and Feedly can find articles that are popular!
- We all know how powerful videos can be. It’s important to make sure that organizations are publishing quality videos year round. Overvideo is a mobile app that allows you to edit videos quickly and add text!
- Pablo is another phone app that helps you edit your images. It’s highly compatible with Buffer & Instagram. Which will make the creation to automation to publish process seamless!
The goal of the holidays is to eat savory food, enjoy time off, and spend time with family. Don’t let the call of social media interfere with the true meaning of Thanksgiving. With a little planning, you can have the best of both worlds: a lively presence on the screen and off.